The objectives of the FMNP are to:
- Improve the nutrition of WIC participants
- Increase North Carolina farmers´ share of the food dollar
- Help revitalize rural areas by increasing awareness and use of farmers' markets.
Coupons are available for WIC-eligible pregnant, postpartum, partially-breastfeeding and breastfeeding women and children 2 to 4 years old to obtain fresh fruits and vegetables at local farmers’ markets.
For more information, contact the Nutrition Services Branch or the WIC Director for participating counties.
- Farmers' Market Nutrition Program Participating Markets List for 2016 (PDF, 26 KB)
- Farmers' Market Nutrition Program Participating WIC Agencies for 2017 (PDF, 172 KB)