CACFP COVID-19 Information
USDA Nationwide Child Nutrition Waivers - APPROVED
To be approved for one or more of these waivers, please complete the NC CACFP Coronavirus (COVID-19) Waiver Request Form found below.
Please Note: Weekly completion of the Meal Service Data Collection Form is mandatory if you are approved to utilize any of the available waivers.
- Nationwide Waiver of Monitoring Requirements for Sponsors (extended through August 31, 2020)
- Nationwide Waiver to Allow Parents and Guardians to Pick Up Meals for Children (extended through June 30, 2021)
- Nationwide Waiver to Allow Meal Pattern Flexibility in the Child Nutrition Programs (extended through June 30, 2021)
- Non-Congregate Feeding Nationwide Waiver (extended through June 30, 2021)
- Meal Service Times Nationwide Waiver (extended through June 30, 2021)
- Afterschool Activity Nationwide Waiver (this Nationwide Waiver ended June 30, 2020, no extension)
NC CACFP Statewide Flexibility - APPROVED
Effective immediately, when emergency conditions prevent an institution or facility normally having a supply of milk from temporarily obtaining milk deliveries, the State agency is approving the service of breakfasts, lunches, or suppers without milk during the emergency period.
NC CACFP Requested Waivers - Not yet approved by USDA
The NC CACFP requested waivers from the USDA to support ongoing access to nutritious meals and snacks for children and vulnerable adults as a result of COVID-19 outbreaks. Please note: no waivers have been approved to date.
- Waiver of 60-Day Claims Deadline
- Waiver to Extend Annual Requirements
- Waiver of Requirement for Sponsoring Organizations to Disburse Funds within 5 Days
- Waiver for Categorical Eligibility for Free Meals
- Waiver of Area Eligibility Requirements
NC CACFP Coronavirus (COVID-19) Waiver Request Form
The Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP) has been granted five nationwide waiver requests by United States Department of Agriculture USDA) Food and Nutrition Service (FSN) to provide CACFP operators the maximum flexibility during this pandemic. Please complete the waiver request form below to request one or more waivers below for your institution.
Each waiver request form must be approved or denied prior to the institution implementing any or all of the flexibilities listed.
Meal Service Data Collection
This document is intended to provide weekly data to stakeholders, including the State of North Carolina Emergency Operations Center (EOC). All data must reported by 10:00 pm every Saturday night.
PLEASE NOTE: Weekly meal count reporting is mandatory if you are approved to utilize any of the available waivers.
Frequently Asked Questions
- CACFP COVID-19 Frequently Asked Questions
- Questions and Answers Related to the Child Nutrition Program Monitoring and Reporting Nationwide Waivers (PDF, 4.5 MB)
- Child Nutrition Program Nationwide Waivers: Questions and Answers (PDF, 1.7 MB)
- Child Nutrition Program Meal Service during Novel Coronavirus Outbreaks: Questions and Answers (PDF, 2.3 MB)
- Food Planning During the Coronavirus Pandemic
- Child Nutrition Program Meal Service During Coronavirus
Disaster Relief Menus
- COVID Disaster Relief Sample Menu - INFANT
- COVID Disaster Relief Sample Menu - CHILD
- COVID Disaster Relief Sample Menu - ADULT
- Grab and Go CACFP Meals for Adults
- Grab and Go CACFP Meals for Children 12-23 months
- Grab and Go CACFP Meals for Children Ages 3-5
- Grab and Go CACFP Meals for Children Ages 6-18
- Grab and Go CACFP Meals for Infants 6 - 11 Months
- Grab and Go CACFP Meals for Infants Birth - 5 Months
Last Modified: July 1, 2020